Friday, June 18, 2010

I have been finally settled into my room in England. It is nice having a room all to myself for a little while. It's hard going from being a full time mom to a full time single woman again ahaha. I am excited for the next few weeks.

Looks as though the weather here is a lot like that of Seattle, WA (gloomy, drizzly, and cloudy). I don't mind it though--especially since I really enjoy Seattle. I am having a hard time still wrapping my head around the fact that I'm 5000 miles away from home. It's interesting to think that a trip that took the English settlers 3 months on a boat, now can take you 6 hours on a direct flight hahaha.

Today, we got here via bus. It took us about 2 hours, which was nice, but TIRING! ah! hahaha after being up for over 24 hours, everything is tiring I suppose. Nonetheless, we got here, and walked over to hear a lecture--it was interesting. It had to do with the historic and recent discrepancies with biographies that people have done of Shakespeare. It was interesting, BUT haha it seemed as though everyone was on the verge of falling out of their chairs nodding off.

I have to write in my journal later about the lecture and the tour of the town. I hope I can come up with something good to say.

I don't have a digital camera with me. So, most of the stuff I will have is on a 'digital' disposable camera that I purchased at the airport. I hope that I can update things once I get home--we'll see how things are with the babies.

1 comment: